Monday, May 25, 2009

pool day.



Today was a glorious day! The first pool day of the summer! I have been anxiously awaiting this day for quite some time. For the better part of last week, I'd taken to dressing in my bright blue swimsuit and comfy cover up. I'd been doing a good amount of reading in the hammock, yard work and gardening in my dear
friends' yard, and just puttering about. There was no need to get all dolled up, so I dressed down. At first, I thought this unusual wardrobe choice was due to sheer laziness, but now I realize, my subconscious was cluing me in: I was simply so excited about the start of summer, I had to dress the part!

So this morning after a scrumptious breakfast of sausage and eggs smothered in hot sauce (yum!), we headed to the pool. Slathered with sunscreen (SPF 70 for me), and armed with a giant watermelon and juicy limes, we headed to a private pool to soak up the sun.

It is officially the start of summer! And just in case this is not a known fact, watermelon doused with lime juice might be the best thing in the world.

christine and me, chomping on watermelon with a slurry of lime juice

me.

stine.

water babies.

glorious sunshine.






6 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering thinking about that delicious watermelon with lime. And I have to say, I'm going to miss seeing you wake up every morning and exit the bedroom in a new bathing suit and beach cover-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, your hair looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I can't wait to get to the pool!! Love that color of blue on you too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need info on types of eating disorder? Then articles like this one can really help you out. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete